Virtual Dialysis Access and Interventions Course
The purpose of this one-day weekend virtual CME course is to offer attendees a comprehensive understanding of dialysis access creation and maintenance. The course has been designed to be a multi-disciplinary course, with involvement of Interventional Radiologists, Nephrologists, Vascular Surgeons, and nurses involved in dialysis access care. Our guest faculty are renowned experts in dialysis access management and will deliver several lectures and participate in complex case discussion. Audience participation is anticipated and encouraged.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss keys factors in choosing best access for dialysis
2. State at least three risks and benefits to each type of hemodialysis access
3. Review the approach (surgical and endovascular) and technique of creation of various dialysis access
4. Outline best practices to monitor immature and mature fistulas
5. Describe various challenges and techniques for management of a dysfunctional dialysis access
6. Cite three reasons why a multidisciplinary approach to hemodialysis management is important
Registration is now open! Click here to register.